Location: Cambridgeshire / Whittlesey
Our client is is an independent manufacturer of corrugated packaging with multiple sites in east Anglia. The Group specialises in the design and manufacture of bespoke corrugated packaging, corrugated structural display units and co-packed display units and sells into consumer and industrial markets. Operating in a highly competitive market dominated by national and international companies, its point of differentiation is quality of service. It aims to be both innovative and creative in the solutions provided whilst offering the most appropriate and effective solutions designed to meet customers’ objectives.
The Client is based in Whittlesey in Cambridgeshire, it occupies a 45,000 square foot production site and has 53,000 square feet of separate warehousing capacity.
Reporting directly to the Group Managing Director, the General Manager is supported by the Board of Directors and is directly responsible for:porting directly to the Group Managing Director, the General Manager is supported by the Board of Directors and is directly responsible for:
- Providing leadership to the company’s 68 staff;
- Improving the operating performance of the business whilst maintaining standards;
- Maximising profitability.
This is a leadership role which requires integrity, ambition, self-motivation and excellent oral and written communication skills. It is a challenging and rewarding position which requires an ability to build engagement, drive change, influence positive behaviour and work effectively and calmly under pressure. Additionally, the role requires an ability to constructively assess their own performance and that of others.
The General Manager is responsible for:
- The profitability of the business;
- Maintaining a safe working environment;
- Maintaining morale amongst the staff;
- In conjunction with the Group Operations Director, managing the maintenance and continuous improvement of the site’s operational capabilities;
- Ensuring that the business maintains the highest levels of service to its customers.
- In conjunction with the Group Sales Director, delivering new sales growth;
- In conjunction with the Group’s HSEQ Manager, ensuring that the business adheres to all existing and new HSEQ-related legislation, rules and standards, including (but not limited to) fire prevention, pest control, BRC/IoP Packaging Standard, health and safety awareness training, site inspections (company, suppliers and contractors as necessary);
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping.
- Strong leadership qualities
- Team player with positive attitude to ownership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Practical in approach and outlook
- Forward planner
- Computer and systems literate
- Self-aware with a desire for continuous improvement
QUOTE JOB REFERENCE NUMBER WHEN APPLYING – General Manager – Cambridgeshire